[6bone] The future

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Wed Sep 8 01:37:34 PDT 2004

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 09:05:05PM -0700, Allan Vejvoda wrote:
>  d I had FreeBSD, he replied, "uh, what's that?"), he came back
> and said "we don't support UNIX, and UNIX will not work with this
> internet service". Heh, their own servers run Solaris! (Which is
> UNIX, right? So UNIX does not work with itself? Nonsense) It goes
> to say that in the coming years, the IPv6 progress may be slowed
> down by these ISPs which have no idea about the outside world, and
> only know how to pop a CD in a Windows computer to install ISP
> software for connecting to the internet.

Hopefully this will eventually make people pay a few dollars more per
month and connect to clueful ISPs.

<rant>
I *really* can't understand that.   People like myself invest heavily
to get clueful and well-trained people to run the shop, and all we
get to hear from our customers is "you are too expensive, we will
choose the no-support-no-clue ISP round the corner".

And then they complain that the ISP has no clue...
</rant>

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  66629  (65398)

SpaceNet AG                 Mail: netmaster at Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14   Tel : +49-89-32356-0
80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-299