[6bone] Ipv6 Enabled Web Site - Finally

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Tue Sep 7 14:35:03 PDT 2004

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 09:47:59PM +0200, Sven Roederer wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 7. September 2004 13:17 schrieb Gav:
> > So a favour if I could, if someone could visit my site at
> > http://www.minitutorials.com and look at the footer
> > of the page to see if (Colins script I think) the script correctly
> > identifies an IPv6 connection.
> > I have tested it internally to the network and an IPv6 connected machine is
> > correctly identified.
> > A non IPv6 enabled machine is also correctly identified as being a v4
> > connection. So it all seems to work.
>
> Hi ,
>
> I just connected to your site, but it was not recognized as IPv6-connection.
> "194.29.229.78 Remote host supports IPv4 ". When I visit http://www.kame.net
> my v6-aware setup is recognized.

That's mainly due to the fact that there is no AAAA record for
www.minitutorials.com in the DNS yet (which Gav writes later on in hist
mail).  So we *can't* access it over IPv6, even if the local browser
would be capable of doing so...

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  66629  (65398)

SpaceNet AG                 Mail: netmaster at Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14   Tel : +49-89-32356-0
80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-299