[6bone] Returning 6Bone IPv6 address space

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Wed Oct 27 04:33:36 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 13:14 +0200, Jeroen Valcke wrote:
> Dear,
>
> For a while now we (BELNET) stopped using our 6BONE IPv6 address space.

Since 2003-11-01 05:10:39 as far as I can see with GRH ;)
I've marked it as returned in GRH so you won't see a red color there
anymore.

> I was advised to remove our data from the 6BONE whois database.

When you are not using certain prefixes anymore you should remove those
indeed. But as there is a *lot* of "historical" information in that
registry it isn't really that bad if it remains.

We always have things like these in there for instance:

inet6num:     3FFE::/24
netname:      ONLINE
descr:        IPv6 Network of online.org.ua
country:      UA
admin-c:      EAG-6BONE
tech-c:       EAG-6BONE
notify:       admin at online.org.ua
mnt-by:       ONLINE-MNT
changed:      admin at online.org.ua 20030628
source:       6BONE

I am quite sure they never got a /24 ;)

But 6bone will stop to exist 6/6/6 fortunately thus it is not a huge
problem, as long as it does not cause any operational problems of
course.

> Our colleague who used to maintain the 6BONE whois database has left and
> we have no record of the password to use for the updates. How can we
> solve this problem?

Contact David Kessens (david at iprg.nokia.com), he can fix that for you.
Though I guess he will also read this message.

Greets,
 Jeroen