[6bone] Popular ways to automate IPv6 prefix filters

James haesu at towardex.com
Mon Oct 4 20:30:16 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm looking to hear some experiences from IPv6 operators today, who, if any
are employing any methods to automate IPv6 bgp route filtering (e.g. RADB
in IPv4, or RIPEdb, etc). I am particularly interested in hearing from any
US or North American based operators if they do this right now with their
production peers / transit providers. If so, I'm interested to hear which
database they use to filter their customers or peers and any other
interesting insight information.

I know ALTDB for one now supports inet6num entries, but I am just not sure
what the current popular methods are with respect to automated IPv6 filters
at US regions.

Basically I'm looking at setting up some Merit IRRd based registry for
inet6num filtering at AS30071 for automating filtering with some of our
members, and possibly use any popular databases out there today that support
IPv6 to publish our inet6 information for BGP filtering as needed.

Thanks for info!
-J
--
James Jun                                            TowardEX Technologies, Inc.
Technical Lead                        Network Design, Consulting, IT Outsourcing