[6bone] Re: Request: two 6bone pTLAs

Petr Baudis pasky at xs26.net
Tue May 11 23:55:38 PDT 2004

Dear diary, on Sun, May 09, 2004 at 04:42:27PM CEST, I got a letter,
where Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch at muada.com> told me, that...
> Now obviously it would be possible to write a draft, try to get it
> published as an RFC and so on. But it's unlikely this will get
> consensus, and it's going to take a long time until such an RFC is
> published if it does.

I believe such a thing should be backed up at least by an I-D which is
*about* to get a consensus. And allocating 6BONE prefixes for this
sounds like a semi-official preliminary approval for such a policy so it
should definitively aim for a consensus.

An I-D would give this some formal backing as well as well summing up
the arguments you have for such a thing. I for one don't find your
current arguments very convincing. Could you be more specific about
where exactly do you need to use such WKAs? And why an "experimental"
stage would be useful for such a thing at all?

Kind regards,

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
Stuff: http://pasky.or.cz/