[6bone] Request: two 6bone pTLAs

James haesu at towardex.com
Sun May 9 11:36:15 PDT 2004

> | So what I'd like to do is put the final days (ok, years) of the 6bone
> | to good use, and simply start a public resolver service using 6bone
> | addresses. The idea is to use two addresses, that are then anycast, not
> | unlike what's happening with the IPv4 root DNS servers. Note that this
> | type of anycasting is different from regular IPv6 anycasting. Rather,
> | the address block that contains the address(es) in question is sourced
> | in BGP in different places at the same time. Anyone who wants to can
> | then run an anycast instance, either public or private, just as with
> | 6to4 relays.

I support this as well. I am also willing to run an anycast node as well if
this pTLA is approved.

-J

> I support this, and would be interrested in running an anycast node from
> the AMS-IX/DE-CIX, providing you do the paperwork involved with prefix
> allocation.
>
> groet,
> Pim
> --

James Jun                                            TowardEX Technologies, Inc.
Technical Lead                        Network Design, Consulting, IT Outsourcing
james at towardex.com                  Boston-based Colocation & Bandwidth Services
cell: 1(978)-394-2867           web: http://www.towardex.com , noc: www.twdx.net