[6bone] Ipv6 Enabled Web Site

Gav old_mc_donald at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 22 04:08:48 PDT 2004

Gert,

| So it seems your Apache2 (btw: latest version is 2.0.50) was compiled
| without IPv6 support.  Ask whoever compiled your apache to re-do with
| IPv6 enabled.

Hmm, I got the Binary .msi version direct from the Apache (mirror) site.

According to the 'New Features' Section, A new 'Core' feature - already
included
is

Quote :

On systems where IPv6 is supported by the underlying Apache Portable Runtime
library, Apache gets IPv6 listening sockets by default. Additionally, the
Listen, NameVirtualHost, and VirtualHost directives support IPv6 numeric
address strings (e.g., "Listen [fe80::1]:8080").

Unquote

So I assumed it is already built in. Apache does not complain about the v6
addresses I put into VirtualHosts, so I can only think something is wrong
with my underlying IPv6 configurations within the OS itself. Don't know what
yet , as I can successfully connect to any IPv6 only website, can ping6 and
tracert6 any IPv6 address.

I will have to look into this further, thanks for your help Gert.

Gav...