[6bone] Ipv6 Enabled Web Site

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Wed Jul 21 14:54:45 PDT 2004

On 21-jul-04, at 23:16, Gav wrote:

> Windows XP Pro, IPv6 Enabled, can access other IPv6 only sites no
> problem.

Is this what you run Apache on?

In that case you may want to check if your binary supports IPv6. (Well,
you may want to check this regardless of the OS you use...)

> | You have to specify only your servername:

> I have been running Apache2 Web Server for a year now using
> the catch all * no problems as above with 5 websites, but I thought the
> point of creating an IPv6 only accessible website was that only
> IPv6 connections were allowed access, I can't see how I can
> do that with the above. (Unless I use .htaccess)

Not a problem: just use a host/domain name ServerName that only has an
AAAA record in the DNS. In theory, people can then still connect by
looking up your A record, connect over IPv4 and list the host/domain in
question in the host: line, but in practice people don't really do this
  :-)  and you only get people on your site who are able to connect to
the IPv6 address.