[6bone] Ipv6 Enabled Web Site

Gav old_mc_donald at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 18 04:41:52 PDT 2004

Hi All,

I want to create an IPv6 only version of my web site. I want that version to
be the same as the IPv4 version
except for some extra content on existing pages and also some v6 only extra
pages.

I notice www.kame.net and a few others have at the bottom of their page a
line which tells the user if they are visiting
the site using a v6 address or a v4 address. I would like to know how to do
this. I am guessing something to do with
HTTP_REFERER is involved but not sure how to implement.

The extra content I am guessing I can use SSI includes and using conditional
statements include them if HTTP_REFERER is v6 or leave them out if it is v4.
I am using VirtualHosts on my Apache2 server, I am thinking I implement
another VirtualHost container to listen out for the v6 socket.

I want to do this so as to promote the use of IPv6 and if they are not
enabled, then give a short tutorial on how to get enabled, then they are
rewarded with this extra content.

The other thing is, although I am v6 enabled and have an account with
FREENET6 , my ipv6 if seems correct, kame.net still says I am viewing using
a v4 address, any ideas at what I have missed ?

Thanks people, I thought you might like something to do :)

Gav...

www.minitutorials.com   <---- The site I am thinking of using. (online when
my ISP isnt playing up!)

---