[6bone] e.f.f.3.ip6.arpa status ? (16 April 2004 - try #3)

James haesu at towardex.com
Tue Apr 20 09:14:49 PDT 2004

Hello,

	We provide transit to a couple tunnel brokers, and smaller ipv6
	networks.

	Generally, most of the user traffic on our network (including from
	downstream tunnelbrokers) are european efnet irc servers being
	the most popular. the 2nd most popular appears to be http traffic
	to some popular v6 sites such as kame.net, for those who is reading
	up for ipv6 documentation, learning and what not..

	i'm not implying this is bad by at all but just reproting what
	i see, on our network. most people appear to have ipv6 just to try
	out the new protocol and learn about it, but then when they try to
	actually use it for real content, there aren't any.

	i'd like to have some sort of data similar to netflow available in
	the near future as we get some time in our hands.. hopefully..

-J

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 08:06:52PM +1000, Peter Good wrote:
> Mostly, it's home user stuff, just people getting it for the fact of "having
> it". I think though, that once more content is available V6 only, then it
> should become more popular.
>
> It's a start though.
>
> Peter

James Jun                                            TowardEX Technologies, Inc.
Technical Lead                        Network Design, Consulting, IT Outsourcing
james at towardex.com                  Boston-based Colocation & Bandwidth Services
cell: 1(978)-394-2867           web: http://www.towardex.com , noc: www.twdx.net