[6bone] e.f.f.3.ip6.arpa status ? (16 April 2004 - try #3)

Bob Fink bob at thefinks.com
Mon Apr 19 15:43:15 PDT 2004

Gert, et al

At 01:08 PM 4/19/2004, Gert Doering wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 03:23:11PM -0400, James wrote:
> > I second both of you. I also would like to know the status of this
> > .arpa project? And anything the community can do to help as well.
>
>Seems that the-powers-that-be have lost the little interest they had
>in making e.f.f.3.ip6.arpa happen.
>
>I, for one, have given up waiting and asking for it.  How many years has
>this not-happened now?  2 years?  More?
>
>Let's filter all 6bone routes, shut down 6bone peerings, and forget that
>it ever existed.  Instead of wasting energy on reverse DNS for something
>that doesn't want it.  (Have you noticed that it's only "production v6"
>people asking for e.f.f.3.ip6.arpa reverse DNS?)

Sorry for all the delays in getting the e.f.f.3.ip6.arpa service going. The
initial problem was getting agreement to get RFC 3681 published (which just
happened this January) and now it is getting the server details worked out,
and then getting IANA to take them as official (per the RFC 3681).

Hexago's engineering team (who supports the 6bone web site service as well
as the freenet6 tunnelling service) are finalizing the details of which
servers, etc., at this time and will announce what's going to happen
imminently.

Thanks,

Bob