[6bone] e.f.f.3.ip6.arpa status ? (16 April 2004 - try #3)

Daniel Austin daniel at kewlio.net
Mon Apr 19 14:57:00 PDT 2004

Hi,

> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 03:23:11PM -0400, James wrote:
>> I second both of you. I also would like to know the status of this
>> .arpa project? And anything the community can do to help as well.
>
> Seems that the-powers-that-be have lost the little interest they had in
> making e.f.f.3.ip6.arpa happen.
>
> I, for one, have given up waiting and asking for it.  How many years has
> this not-happened now?  2 years?  More?
>
> Let's filter all 6bone routes, shut down 6bone peerings, and forget that
> it ever existed.  Instead of wasting energy on reverse DNS for something
> that doesn't want it.  (Have you noticed that it's only "production v6"
> people asking for e.f.f.3.ip6.arpa reverse DNS?)

As we're not eligible for a RIPE production block (or rather not a /32),
all that we currently have IS a 6bone block.
I don't see what the problem is with the delegation, but i want it to
happen.  I get people asking me about it regularly.
I've had our 6bone zones mirrored into ip6.arpa for a while now, i'd like
to think it wasn't all a waste of my time.

So, as a non "production v6" person, PLEASE can we have e.f.f.3.ip6.arpa
delegation!?

--
With Thanks,

Daniel Austin,