[6bone] Spammers already using 6bone ipv6 addresses?

Russell King rmk@arm.linux.org.uk
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:05:52 +0100

Hi,

It seems that spammers may have started using IPv6 to spread their wares.
I've recently had SMTP connection attempts to one of my internal machines
(flint.arm.linux.org.uk) from 3ffe:0bc0:8000:0000:8000:0000:d582:a322.

The interesting thing about this is that flint.arm.linux.org.uk has never
been used as the source of email, but does appear in BitKeeper repositories
as the host ID part of someone who commits.  (BitKeeper ids contain an
object which looks a lot like an email address.)

Maybe someone's running an open relay on 6bone ?

I'm also copying the person who seems to be the owner of that IPv6 space.

--
Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)	http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/
Linux kernel maintainer of: