ignoring no-export [Re: [6bone] non-global address space for IXs (was: 2001:478:: as /48)]

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 18:28:21 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, John Fraizer wrote:

> > > OpenTransit should be flogged in that case :)
> >
> > Opentransit has had no community setup yet, so Fabien did
> > not have any other chance than sending full table or nothing.
> > I do not if that has changed by now.
>
> Ther don't need to set up their own community to honor the "well
> known" community "no-export".  Every compliant BGP implementation honors
> no-export unless you explicitly strip that community from routes on their
> way in.
[...]

Unfortunately, Cisco does not belong to this category.  Yes, they're aware
of the problem, there's a PR.. and they've given it quite a low priority.