[6bone] 6bone RIPE database dump

Lars Albertsson lalle@sics.se
17 Nov 2003 16:24:35 +0100

Hi,

We are operating an automated IPv6 tunnel broker service, and use the
daily 6bone RIPE registry dump at
ftp://whois.6bone.net/6bone/6bone.db.gz to retrieve tunnel
configuration information for our delegated address spaces. Since a
few days, however, the daily full dump is an empty file, and some of
our tunnels therefore went down. One can have opinions on the decision
to rely on the database dump for our tunnels, but it has worked well
so far.

Do you think you can, with reasonable effort, mend the daily dump
script? That would be great. If it is impractical, do you have any
other suggestions on how we can automatically retrieve information on
sites/prefixes within our prefix?

While I am at it: I tried sending a mail to auto-dbm@whois.6bone.net,
and got the reply below.

/Lalle

From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@mail1.nokia.net>
Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details
To: <lalle@snaga.sics.se>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 01:39:08 -0800 (PST)

The original message was received at Mon, 17 Nov 2003 01:37:09 -0800 (PST)
from brev.sics.se [193.10.64.200]

"|/home/auto-dbm/bin/dbupdate -M"
    (reason: 1)
    (expanded from: <auto-dbm@whois.6bone.net>)

sh: cannot fork - try again
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 1
Reporting-MTA: dns; mail1.nokia.net
Received-From-MTA: DNS; brev.sics.se
Arrival-Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 01:37:09 -0800 (PST)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; auto-dbm@whois.6bone.net
From: Lars Albertsson <lalle@sics.se>
Subject: HELP
To: auto-dbm@whois.6bone.net