[6bone] Which platforms support 6to4 anycast relay function

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 08:52:00 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, yjchu wrote:
>     I am surveying anycast for 6to4 relay router. As I know (may be
> wrong), to support anycast of 6to4 relay function for a router, special
> function should be added. (That is, a normal router which supports
> ordinary 6to4 relay function will not support 6to4 anycast relay
> function). Does anybody know which platform, such as linux, freeBSD or
> production router such as cisco, 6wind, Juniper,..., now can be set up
> as a anycast relay router ?

There is nothing special about anycast relay function.  Strictly speaking,
you'll have to be able to mark the address "anycast", so that it isn't
used for source addresses, but a large number of currently deployed 6to4
anycast relays don't do even that.. :-)