[6bone] RE: [ipv6-wg@ripe.net] Update on IPv6 filter recommendation

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Fri, 16 May 2003 05:31:45 -0700 (PDT)

% > Is there a policy requirement that IPv6 prefixes allocated by RIRs must
% > be routed on The Internet? I've not found it in the current "IPv6
% > Address Allocation and Assignment Policy".
%
% Is there such a requirement for IPv4 prefixes?  If yes (and I would hope
% so, otherwise why would anyone want RFC1918 addresses when one can get
% "real" IPs), then I think the same should apply for IPv6 prefixes.
%
% > leo vegoda
%
% -Hank

	there has never been a requirement that a prefix be routed or
	announced on the "Internet".

--bill