[6bone] Re: [ipv6-wg@ripe.net] Update on IPv6 filter recommendation

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Tue, 13 May 2003 17:42:59 +0200

John Fraizer wrote:

> I don't think that an exception should be made for microallocations at
> all.  To paraphrase what ARIN says, there is no guarantee that address
> space that they assign will be globally routable.

You should note that that also goes for the rest of the allocations.
69/8 in IPv4 anyone ? :)

If an ISP decides to filter it's their choice, it is also their
network and their money (and isn't that what it is all about?)

That's why it's also good that Gert notified us of this change.
Let's hope rpslng will come soon and that everybody in IPv6
uses it correctly, that will be a big step forward for changes
like these.

Greets,
 Jeroen