[6bone] (OT but Relevant) Recent spammer tactics - BGP Hijacking

John Fraizer tvo@EnterZone.Net
Fri, 9 May 2003 19:03:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Colin Faber wrote:

> Recently on the IPv4 internet there have been a small but growing number of cases
> of BGP hijacking by spammers / spam gangs to get around black lists and filters.
>
> Does/Is there anything in place with in the existing BGP+ protocol to prevent such
> things from happening.
>
> The reason I ask is simple.  As the roll out of the v6 network continues you can
> guarantee that spammers will move to the v6 network following the rest of the
> E?SMTP's out there.
>

> --
> Colin Faber
> (303) 859-1491
> fpsn.net, Inc.
> * Black holes are where God divided by zero. *

Colin,

The measures for V6 are the same as for V4.  If the friggin' providers
would FILTER their customers responsibly, the hijackings wouldn't be
possible!

---
John Fraizer              | High-Security Datacenter Services |
President                 | Dedicated circuits 64k - 155M OC3 |
EnterZone, Inc            | Virtual, Dedicated, Colocation    |
http://www.enterzone.net/ | Network Consulting Services       |