[6bone] report of 6bone planning BOF

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:10:33 +0100

Jonathan Guthrie wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 10:35:08AM -0800, Bob Fink wrote:
>
> > The 6bone phaseout proposal was discussed with a strong
> consensus reached
> > on a pTLA allocation cutoff date of Jan 1, 2004 and a 6bone
> turn off date
> > of June 6, 2006 (6/6/6).
>
> I think it's insane to set a date for the end of the 6bone
> when there is no replacement for it in the USA.

Remind me again about why americans are allowed to only
think of theirselves. There are many countries which
don't have IPv6 at all. But the US certainly has

*Grab stats*

http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/tla/

Top 10 countries having TLA's:

 1      United States  76
 2      Japan          64
 3      Germany        38
 4      Netherlands    25
 5      United Kingdom 21
 6      Korea          18
 7      Italy          17
 8      France         14
 9      Sweden         14
 10     Austria        11

Now say again that there is no IPv6 in the US?
Due note, ARIN has 56 delegations, of which 42 go the US.
So half the delegations is actually 6bone, most probably
most 6bone delegations also have a ARIN delegation by now.
That half of the ARIN delegations isn't even announced, tsja...
Maybe you should start kicking around your ISP's a bit more?
There are enough ways of getting IPv6 in europe so why
should that be so different from the US?

You should also note that 2006 is in 3 years. There
will change a load of things before that date.

Greets,
 Jeroen