[6bone] came across this article any opinions??

Tim Chown tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 00:34:54 +0000

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 03:45:07PM +0000, Paul Aitken wrote:
> Chuck,
>
> > Wow!  My opinion is that in 2000 (03/13/00), that this was
> > a reasonable view.  IPv6 and indeed the 6bone wasn't "there."
> >
> > I had early IPv6 support in BSD, none in vendor supplied Unix.
> > Cisco was barely talking about it.
>
> FWIW, Kirk Lougheed tells me that IPv6 work started in the first week of
> May 1996 with the first EFT in December '96.

Yeah, sounds about right.  We had one of the first native v6 WAN links
in the UK (the first?) in early 1997 from Southampton to UUNet London
using a 2500 at each end.   In that early phase we also had IPv6 router
products from Ericsson Telebit, 3Com and DEC.

Tim