[6bone] How to specify an IPv6 DNS server on the IPv6-only host

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 20:12:09 +0100

Brian Chase wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Stewart Tansley wrote:
> > On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, SHIRASAKI Yasuhiro wrote:
>
> > > Neither solaris8 nor windows supports an IPv6 transport DNS query.
> >
> > Not true, the forthcoming Windows Server 2003's DNS client
> and server
> > supports it -- so, to enable DNS transport over IPv6:
>
> Actually, since Shirasaki correctly used the present tense form
> of the verb "support", his statement is true.  Your use of the
> modifier "forthcoming" indicates that this support is something
> that'll be happening in the future.  It would've been more correct
> to write: "...the forthcoming Windows Server 2003's DNS client
> and server /will support/ it..."

<flame>taalnazi</flame> (if you want to know what it means
look it up in a dutch dict ;)

At least MS is going to support it in their upcoming product.
Isn't that a good thing or is all one can do is flame MS?
Or should they be supplying an 'upgrade' for every new version?
I wonder how people got up to Red Hat 8 and Solaris 9... if you get my
drift.
Instead of flaming MS, like every slashdot kiddie like to do
contribute positive things to the IPv6 world. And that world
compromises of any OS supporting IPv6 and all the OS's go hand in hand.

Greets,
 Jeroen