[6bone] How to specify an IPv6 DNS server on the IPv6-only host

Andree Toonk andree@bos.nl
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:42:28 +0100

"nameserver 3ffe:3600:8::1"
> But it seems not work!

Hello yjchui ,

what do you have in your " /etc/nsswitch.conf" ?
You have to specify that it should use dns:
the following line should be in that file:
ipnodes:    files dns
(by default it only has files)

for ipv4 you´ve specified the following
hosts:      files dns

(ipnodes is the same as hosts is in ipv4)
the host file for ipv6 is /etc/inet/ipnodes

Goodluck,
-Andree