[6bone] Careers in IPv6.

Pim van Pelt pim@ipng.nl
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:30:08 +0100

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 10:33:06AM +0000, Abdul Basit wrote:
| Hey,
|
|  Is there any mailing list / job board for searching
| IPv6 related jobs?  I beleive creating such a list/board
| will help in IPv6 growth.
I think the IPv6 'jobs' are non-existant. There will be a
demand for engineers which can deploy this protocol, just
as any other (ATM, MPLS, IPv4, PPPoX).

|  The most common question asked, if you tell someone about IPv6 is 'when
| do you think, IPv6 will be deployed globally?', We usually reply 'sir, may
| be in next 8-10 years', so does it means that IPv6 releated jobs will be
| available after 8-10 years when IPv6 becomes common in use?
In my job, I am confronted with IPv6 on a regular (allmost daily) base,
because the ISP I work for offers this type of connectivityto our
customers.

groet,
Pim

--