[6bone] Microsoft has released IPv6-only application for Beta

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:13:36 +0100

Dan Reeder wrote:

> Is it possible to get Teredo working on a machine that
> already has a globally routable v6 address? I ask because
> from what I can determine from the limited help available
> that the ThreeDegrees program requires the use of the Teredo
> pseudo interface and a 2002:: address.

Nopes, it requires IPv6, and Teredo is just a helper.
I just did a 'netsh interface ipv6 delete interface "Teredo"'
or do it by number et voila... it works ;)
(Would be a really odd and stupid requirement if it didn't)

> I've got a 2001:: address from hurricane... and while my xp
> box here is behind a v4 nat router, the v6 connectivity is
> via a linux box on the lan which in turn has a public v4
> address (thus not behind the nat router)... hope that makes
> sense. Here's my ipconfig /all for you anyway.

> Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:
>
>         Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
>         Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling
> Pseudo-Interface
>         Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 80-00-D8-91-35-D2-95-87
>         Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
>         IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::5445:5245:444f%5
>         Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
>         NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Delete this one and you are off.

Address selection algo's simply pick the 'closest' interface.

Note that one can also explictely disable teredo using:
'netsh interface ipv6 set teredo disable'

And netsh does a lot more, imho 'netsh makes your windows look like a
cisco' ;)
Note that Teredo IP <-> Teredo IP could be faster than routing it over
the
IPv6 backbones.

Greets,
 Jeroen