[6bone] DNS servers : Precisions

BEGIN, Thomas tbegin@tf1.fr
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 10:17:23 +0100

OK I hope this time I could explain my pb clearlier...
It's all about stateless configuration in IPv6.

To be quick, how do hosts learn DNS server addresses ?
In other way, is the setup for DNS servers necessary manual (like in IPv4 without DHCP) ? Or is it possible for hosts to retrieve DNS addresses automatically (thanks to routers (cf Cisco)?)  ??? Or may be DNS servers addresses are automatically well known from hosts as the draft tends to do (http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-dns-discovery-07.txt)... ?

Thanks for reading this mail, again

Thomas