[6bone] AS1654/SICS announce 178 prefixes !

Lars Albertsson lalle@sics.se
30 Jun 2003 14:21:03 +0200

Gert Doering <gert@Space.Net> writes:

> Hi,

> > Some additional information: It seems that there is some confusion
> > about the ownership of AS1654, and that we are not the only site
> > announcing AS1654 for IPv6 routing. I don't know whether that has
> > anything to do with the problems you saw or not. We are working on
> > sorting out the ownership issue.
>
> To followup on this (because I'm curious) - has this been sorted out?  Two
> different organizations using the same AS number for routing doesn't
> sound very healthy.

This is now sorted out. I shut down our router a few days after the
issue was brought to my attention, and we are now peering with a new
AS number. I guess the AS number conflict caused the problem. I also
upgraded zebra from 0.93a to 0.93b, in case the cause was there.

Thanks for notifying us of the problem.

/Lalle