[6bone] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-fink-6bone-phaseout-04.txt

Bob Fink bob@thefinks.com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 06:44:10 -0700

6bone Folk,

I have submitted the 6bone-phaseout plan to the IESG for BCP RFC
processing. It will have a 4 week review on the IETF list, I believe. When
Randy Bush and Erik Nordmark looked it over they had me change it back to
Informational RFC, and suggested that I change the wording in section 2:

  "  Thus after the 6bone phaseout date June 6, 2006, it is REQUIRED that
     no 6bone 3FFE prefixes, of any size/length, be used on the Internet
     in any form. "

as the IETF cannot place such requirements on use. So I changed it to:

  "    Thus after the 6bone phaseout date June 6, 2006, it is the intent
      that no 6bone 3FFE prefixes, of any size/length, be used on the
      Internet in any form. Network operators may filter 3FFE prefixes on
      their borders to ensure these prefixes are not misused. "

this new version, which will be the one circulated to the IETF, is at:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fink-6bone-phaseout-04.txt>

Also, I will be on vacation from today until 30 June so will not be able to
reply to any email until 1 July,

Thanks,

Bob