[6bone] v6 and ADSL

Christian Strauf (JOIN) ipng@uni-muenster.de
23 Jul 2003 08:42:18 +0200

Hi Dan,

Am Mit, 2003-07-23 um 04.19 schrieb Dan Reeder:
> Has anyone here offered native ipv6 connectivity over ADSL tails
> before? If so, what kind of CPE equipment needs to be used?
As for the CPE: there is no need for other equipment (different layer).

> Alternatively, if native v6 support is a bit of a hinderance, would
> 6in4 tunnels be viable? If so, what would the client setup look like?
Another very good solution for your would be ISATAP but as with 6to4 you
will need a server at the other end (though there should be some 6to4
servers available globally if I remember correctly). If you want to read
more about ISATAP, have a look here:

http://www.join.uni-muenster.de/Dokumente/Howtos/Howto_ISATAP.php?lang=en

HTH,
Christian

--
JOIN - IP Version 6 in the WiN  Christian Strauf
A DFN project                   Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster