[6bone] v6 dns done!

Todd T. Fries todd@fries.net
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:55:16 -0500

I've had a few people email me as 'disbelievers until this actually went
through'.  I just checked, and it has.  You too can see me with a v6 dns
server via 'whois -h whois.internic.net ns0.fries.net', ns1.fries.net,
and ns6.fries.net.

The above whois command can show that ns6.fries.net exists, but it is not
yet tied to my domain (ns6.fries.net is the IPv6 _only_ dns server, with no
IPv4).  If you do 'host -v -t any fries.net a.gtld-servers.net' you will
note the absence of ns6.fries.net.

But at least we're getting somewhere ;-)

Now the bad news.  Username and password are required (at this time) for this
to take place.  I seriously hope in the future their web form allows people
to set this information for themselves and not require such information.

One final note.  I hope you guys don't mind me mentioning this, but I've
been made aware of an opportunity for some prize money for those of you
active in the IPv6 community.  See http://www.v6pc.jp/apc/en/concept.html
for further details.  They sent me an email and after abit of correspondence
it is evident that they have received so few submissions that they have
basically been pushing back the deadlines several times.  Anyway, hope it is
useful information for IPv6'ers out there.

Thanks,
--
Todd Fries .. todd@fries.net

Free Daemon Consulting, LLC                    Land: 405-748-4596
http://FreeDaemonConsulting.com              Mobile: 405-203-6124
"..in support of free software solutions."

Key fingerprint: 37E7 D3EB 74D0 8D66 A68D  B866 0326 204E 3F42 004A
            Key: http://todd.fries.net/pgp.txt

(last updated 2003/03/13 07:14:10)