[6bone] DoS attacks through 6to4 anycast relay

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:10:39 +0200

Alexander Gall wrote:

> The destination resloves to an interesting name (with only a AAAA RR):
> rootk.it :-)
>
> I take this as a good sign that IPv6 is finally catching on ;-)

I take it that IPv6 is still only used by most people for having
a cool reverse dns on IRC. And that some other annoying persons
still need to disrupt the working of IPv6 by (d)dossing the POPs
of various access providers to get rid of those people.

This has been the same for the last 5 years or so, though
I must say that I've seen a lot less going to our POPs.
But that's quite possibly also because of our strict policies
to whom we give service to.

Also I must note that .it is usually a source for problems.
Which is too bad for them as it really puts them on the blacklist
so even people from .it who really are sincere are affected
by the few who try to spoil it. But that is usually the case.

I hope ISP's mature and start fixing their networks so
these stupid and irritating effects stop happening.

Greets,
 Jeroen