[6bone] ipv6 New Person Helpo

Marc Hultquist hultq@iafrica.com
07 Jul 2003 00:15:25 +0200

I Have just finished tinkering with the Freenet6 client
and installing it and putting in all the configuration options into my
tspc.conf file, such as the username etc.

I just wanted to check

After doing a apt-get install freenet6 and putting in the username=
and password= options, I then did a /etc/init.d/freenet6 restart
and fine it all works.
Galileo:/etc/freenet6# /etc/init.d/freenet6 restart
Resetting freenet IPv6 tunnel (sit1): SIOGIFINDEX: No such device
Error while executing /sbin/ifconfig
   Command: /sbin/ifconfig inet6 del 3ffe:bc0:8000::427/128
3ffe:bc0:8000::427/128
Galileo:/etc/freenet6#

Now, what I really wanted to ask, is when I do a ifconfig it comes up
with the following.
sit1      Link encap:IPv6-in-IPv4
          inet6 addr: 3ffe:bc0:8000::427/128 Scope:Global
          inet6 addr: fe80::c41e:7eea/10 Scope:Link
          inet6 addr: fe80::a00:6/10 Scope:Link
          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1480  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

Does this mean that I have the tunnel working and functional ? I.E is
this Desktop pc of mine now ipv6 enabled ? Or is there something I am
missing here. ? I know I put in all the correct information into the
conf files etc. Is there anything else I should do now ? Sorry to sound
like such a fool on the issue, but I am completly new to ipv6(IPng) and
I only really started tinkering with it tonight....... Could someone
maybe tell me if there is anything else I need to do ? I installed pin6
and traceroute6 and all that, and I can ping and tracert to ipv6 enabled
hosts ?

So should I or do i need to do anything else? Just for arbs sake, I am
running a Debian Linux 3.0 System....

Regards

--
Marc Hultquist <hultq@iafrica.com>