[6bone] notice of intent to reclaim unused pTLAs, comment period closes 17 January 2003

Michel Py michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 18:58:08 -0800

6boner,

If my memory is correct, the purpose of a pTLA is to experiment being an
IPv6 ISP, which includes having some "customers". If someone has not
announced their prefix for months, it means they don't provide IPv6
connectivity to anybody and that tells me that they don't do enough in
order to justify a pTLA.

There have been too many people that got a pTLA as a placeholder for
portable address space and I agree that we should reclaim pTLAs from
people that don't use them.

Michel.