[6bone] 6bone transitions planning BOF in San Francisco

Todd T. Fries todd@fries.net
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 05:55:04 -0600

I asked for it when I first arrived in this area in June of 2000.

I have made references to it since.  I know my isp (a small number of staff)
could be IPv6 capable, they use FreeBSD .. but sofar they choose not to be, I
get the impression 'putting out fires' is about all they can manage.  Their
upstream, COX.net, has little interest in even getting my reverse IPv4 dns
to work w/out me having to query their servers hourly to 'seed' them with
my information, let alone doing IPv6.

How much can I push, being an unemployed residential only customer (working
on starting a consulting business) ?

I guess I could start shopping around, seeing if _any_ ISP that terminates
DSL in the area provides IPv6.
--
Todd Fries .. todd@fries.net

I'm available for hire!  http://todd.fries.net/resume.html

(last updated 2003/01/02 02:08:59)

Penned by Pekka Savola on Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 08:06:24AM +0200, we have: