[6bone] vic&rat ov ipv6 multicast

Lo Galbo Emanuele Emanuele.Logalbo@TILAB.COM
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:15:25 +0100

Hi all,
I have configured a multicast ipv6 testbed using freebsd 4.7 routers.Now I would like to try using vic rat for multicast.One of the things I must care about them is ths PC must be in  IPv6 DNS.I would like to use these tools in a LAN and I don't have a DNS server so what do I need?
Another question.I don't understand how I can manage multicast IPv6 group:in windows 2000 I tried to assign to my hosts multicast addresses and unicast addresses to the same interface but it is not possible.So How can I proceede fixing and managing multicast groups for vic and rat applications?
I hope you will help me.
Thanks in advance and Best Regards.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by
replying to MailAdmin@tilab.com. Thank you