[6bone] Database and Web servers

Jean-Francois Laforest fuzzball@ipv6peer.net
23 Feb 2003 14:35:53 -0500

On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 13:36, Robson Oliveira wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     Can somebody let us know any experience with a Database
> application (MySql or Oracle) and multihomed web server (IIS or
> Apache) ready in IPv6?

Apache works great with IPv6, (only the router is multihomed) load
balanced / clustered. I use it at home at at work. Performance is
overall the same.

MySQL / Oracle, couldn't tell you, I only use postgresql (I use a 6 to 4
daemon, didn't look into ipv6 support for it) and I don't touch db's at
work.

IIS is not a good webserver, it's performance are mediocre and it is
very unsecure. Make sure you patch your MS servers as soon as a patch
get out.

> I'll appreciate your information.
We all do. What is this for, do you work for a company that is looking
forward to move to IPv6 ?

--
| Jean-Francois Laforest |