[6bone] Re: DNS support for IPv6

Aaron J. Angel aangel@myrealbox.com
04 Feb 2003 21:18:09 -0600

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 19:22, Carl Brewer wrote:
> Fernando Gont wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm just about to write a brief explanation about the RRs that need to
> > be added to the ones described in RFC 1034 / 1035, in order to add
> > support for IPv6.
> >
> > I've read RFC 3363, and it recommends that RFC 1886 stay on standards
> > track and be advanced, and to move RFC 2874 to Experimental status.
> >
> > Shall I make comments on AAAA records, and don't even mention A6 records?
>
> You want to mention them, but mention that they've been shelved,
> cite the RFC that explains why :)

Which one would that be?  I can't find any particular RFC, or actual
standards-related document about A6. I certainly know about DNAME, but I
can't find any document on that either at the moment.  As far as I knew,
A6 wasn't shelved, only DNAME. I can understand DNAME, but not A6. A6
can be incredibly useful, and it's does /not/ pose as many problems as
people think it does (at least, problems that aren't easily solved).