[6bone] winding down and returns?

Tim Chown tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:57:53 +0000

Thanks Bob.

The next step is then to wind down the 6bone allocations, and perhaps
encourage formal returns?  It may be that 50% of current holders are
inactive due to commercial allocations, but have not bothered to "hand in"
pTLAs as there's isn't a process as such.

Some networks already don't accept 6bone prefixes.  So their usefulness
is already becoming more limited.

Tim