[6bone] doubt about protocol independent Ping.

Dean Strik dean@ipnet6.org
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:33:38 +0100

Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
> 	i have no problem with struct addrinfo (i LOVE it, and i wrote a book
> 	which describes getaddrinfo/getnameinfo and those functions ONLY).
> 	the Stevens book just does not match the currently-deployed
> 	implementation (RFC2553/3493), as the book was published before the
> 	standard is published.  also the book contains other errors (different
> 	from implementation), specifically in raw IPv6 socket description.
> 	so i tried to warn about it.

That's too bad.. well, I guess the new 3rd Edition is updated then on
these points(?).

--
Dean C. Strik             Eindhoven University of Technology
dean@stack.nl  |  dean@ipnet6.org  |  http://www.ipnet6.org/