[6bone] pTLA request by CTN1 - review closes 16 December 2003

Tim Chown tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 17:31:46 +0000

Given the fact that this may be the last pTLA (though I have a suspicion
a few other people may try to get that honour in the few days to come!)
I think we could be "liberal in what we accept" here.   It seems unecessary
to waste too many cycles on nit-picking this request.

Some networks already don't accept 6bone prefix routes, so the utility
of 6bone pTLAs is already beginning to wane (which is a good thing - it's
been a great time and a lot of excellent work has been done, but it's
time to move on :)

Perhaps we should have an initiative to encourage existing pTLA owners
to officially hand back their prefixes.  Some have done so already.

Tim