[6bone] IPv6 NTP testing

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 15:01:00 -0700 (PDT)

 a number of v6-stack NTP servers should already be running.
 I've collected this list over the past year, most are s2-3
 and one has been s-1 w/ a PPS source.

List of v6 capable NTP servers:

        ntp.ipv6.viagenie.qc.ca.
        ntp.immanent.net.
        ntp1.bit.nl.
        ntp2.bit.nl.
        ntp6.space.net.
        bong.karoshi.com.

% Hello,
%
% > We have set up an IPv6 NTP server "hepzibah-ip6.udel.edu" for public use
% > over the 6bone network. We would welcome any volunteers to test it out.
% > The server runs in "NTP SERVER" mode and serves requests from machines
% > running in  "NTP CLIENT" mode.
%
% I also am testing ntp via IPv6. I have two test machines acting as stratum
% 3 time servers running ntp version 4.1.80 (and maybe 4.2.something
% sometime soon). We're looking to test the code for inclusion in NetBSD
% 2.0.
%
% Perhaps we could use hepzibah-ip6.udel.edu as an ntp peer?
%
% Relating to IPv6, does anyone have any suggestions for testing (aside from
% long term use)?
%
% The machines, in case anyone would like to test, are:
% lilith.sixgirls.org (NetBSD 1.6.1-release, m68k)
% gaia.sixgirls.org (NetBSD 1.6.1-release, VAX)
%
% Note that gaia is expected to be up tomorrow, but is not currently up
% because of the power outages in the US.
%
% Any ideas / suggestions are welcome.
%
% Thanks,