[6bone] Dynamic DNS

Janos Mohacsi mohacsi@niif.hu
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:00:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 Jasminko.W.Mulahusic@telia.se wrote:

> > on ipng, it is hard to tell :) implementing site-locals on
> > your site may not be wise, just to get DNS discovery.
>
> why have site-locals been chosen instead of anycast?

There are couple of DNS discovery mechanism implemented and tested in
KAME:
via DHCPv6
via multicast DNS

Recently I see a kind of consensus to have site local addresses for
site DNS, since it is easier to implement, than the discovery mechanisms.
This site-local could be anycast. As far as I know, usage of anycast is
not very welcome if you expect response from addressesed node (in case of
DNS).

Regards,
	Janos Mohacsi