[6bone] Dynamic DNS

Tim Chown tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:34:47 +0100

Interesting, I didn't realise that draft-ietf-ipv6-dns-discovery had been
implemented...

Given the imminent deprecation of site-locals (although with a few zillion
endless emails between the same 3 or 4 people on ipng, it is hard to tell :)
implementing site-locals on your site may not be wise, just to get DNS
discovery.

I do believe that stateless DNS discovery is important.  Many people seem to
theink DHCPv6 is the only way to do this.  There's a couple of interesting
drafts on using RA piggybacking for it though.

Tim