[6bone] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ymbk-6bone-arpa-delegation-01.txt

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 01:56:46 +0200

Chuck Yerkes wrote:

> Quoting Pekka Savola (pekkas@netcore.fi):
> > On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> > I'd favor deprecation of ip6.int as soon as it's
> reasonable, before the
> > death of 6bone.  Having to maintain two sets of reverse records is
> > confusing.
>
> Actually, it's pretty easy with one file and two named.conf entries.
> Let the @ be your friend.
>

> (but Oh that BIND would do the nibble/reverse work for me.
>  I hate working for computers.  I want:
>    %6REVERSE(3ffe:1200:301d:5::25)	IN PTR myMachine
>  or something like that.  Avoid my stupid typos.
> ).

Well the software is open source so what is stopping you ?
Also you can do it the 'easy' way and just generate your
zone files from a database or other automated manner.

Greets,
 Jeroen