[6bone] survey (Re: Your help is appreciated!!)

Chuck Yerkes chuck+6bone@snew.com
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 12:54:12 -0400

Stupid HTML mail...

"yin weijun" <gw9812@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am a final year student at University Of Gloucestershire UK and as part of m
y course I am required to undertake a research project. My project intends to ex
amine Ipv4/Ipv6 migration issues in home networks. I would be grateful if you co
uld find the time to answer the online questions to help me with my research. Th
e questionnaire is entirely confidential and it would be greatly appreciated if
you could assist me.

Yet you post from hotmail and survey on an anonymous machine (ipv4 only)...

> There are 14 questions and it will take 3 ~ 5 minutes to complete.
>
> Please click the link to my online questionnaire:
> http://free2u.dns2go.com

Be nice if the questions were complete.  Example:

| How many computers/routers...
|   1 computer
|   1 computer and 1 router
|   2 computers
|   2 computers and 1 router
|   3 computers and 1 router
|   more than 2 computers and more than 1 router

Um, how about many many computers and one router?  How about a blank
for us to fill in and YOU process the data?

What do click with 5+ computers and one gateway to the internet
(it's a home, I use one router box)

| Q14: How much are you willing to pay for migration
| [answers in chunks from $50 up)

Migration costs:  No, I'm willing to accept $0 costs for "migration".
Not an option on your survey.

| Q5: Are you planning to move your home network from Ipv4 to Ipv6?
|   Yes
|   No
|   Haven't thought about it

Um no.  I have both IPv4 *and* IPv6.  That's one of the goals
of IPv6 - cohabitation.  methinks you don't understand IPv6 from
a usage point of view.

This "migration" you keep speaking of makes me think you believe its
an either/or situation.  When my apps speak IPv6, they use 6.  If they
need IPv4, they use 4.  Ahh the joy.  You'll never have to experience
the Flag Day that we had during the NCP/TCP cutover (all 200 hosts?)

Now go redo your survey for completeness.

Oh, and the submit crashed.
Is java/tomcat really necessary for  basic HTML forms?