[6bone] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ymbk-6bone-arpa-delegation-01.txt

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 00:45:39 +0200

Pekka Savola wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 Internet-Drafts@ietf.org wrote:
> > A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line
> Internet-Drafts directories.
> >

> > 	Title		: Delegation of 3.F.F.3.IP6.ARPA
> > 	Author(s)	: R. Bush, R. Fink
> > 	Filename	: draft-ymbk-6bone-arpa-delegation-01.txt
> > 	Pages		: 5
> > 	Date		: 2003-4-2
> >
> > This document discusses the need for delegation of the
> > E.F.F.3.IP6.ARPA DNS zone in order to enable reverse lookups for
> > 6bone addresses, and makes specific recommendations for the process
> > needed to accomplish this.
>
> Looks very good.  Let's ship it.

Indeed, the soone the better.

One note howeever about ip6.int. Is ip6.int being phased at
the same time as the 6bone (6/6/2006) or is there a earlier
phaseout time thus forcing administrators and implementors
to have their software fully ip6.arpa aware as endusers will
start noticing that reverses are not available under ip6.int?
For instance, if this system is implemented before the summer
starts (july 2003) and systems are running cleanly, we could
opt to deprecate ip6.int completely per december 2003.

Greets,
 Jeroen