[6bone] Re: [ipv6-au] NTP server

Tony Langdon tlangdon@atctraining.com.au
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:04:32 +1000

> As mentioned on the 6bone list, Telstra will be very shortly releasing
> details so us poor peeps in Aus can get a tunnel provided to
> us by them.

Well, I'd be interested to hear more.  Telstra is certainly a lot better
than going overseas for a tunnel.

I was under the impression (on the 6Bone list) that the original message was
about native IPv6 connectivity, not tunnels, and as none of the systems
(home or work) are directly connected to Telstra, direct native connectivity
wouldn't be of any use.  A tunnel, OTOH, would be very useful, especially if
they can do a freenet like system and make it work with a dynamic IP (avoid
some prefix changes).  Don't want to have to re-do my prefixes every time my
IPv4 address changes... :)