[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Lamia Chaffai lamia@ati.tn
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:37:45 +0100

help and support to foster experimentation and deployment of IPv6 by all
the Internet community.
We also would like to take this opportunity to react to the recent
E-mail from Mr. Nicolas Defayett since ATI was mentioned as one of  its
tunnel customers.
In fact, Mr Defayett helped us in establishing our first tunnel with
6Bone but we faced some trouble with IPv6 routing since he is using a
private ASN.  The reason why we established a second tunnel with XS26 as
a transition phase.
And now we've gone a step forward by sending a Sub-TLA request to RIPE
to get our  IPv6  production address block.
We hope that by this we bring some clarifications regarding our
participation in the 6Bone Network.
Best Regards
Lamia Chaffai
Tunisian Internet Agency
http://www.ati.tn
http://www.ipv6net.tn

Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:

> [...]
>>Sometimes even posting a comment, or a gripe. This is more along the
>>lines of both. I have been monitoring the traffic discussing
>>NDSOFTWARE's request. Both finding the original message to Bob Fink, and
>>the list, and everything. Sorry Mr. Deffayet, I disagree. For one, you
>>do need to spell out who will be using the service. Is it for your
>>company? Yourself? What? Who, even? Unless you can spell out neatly the
>>answers to my questions, I am inclined to agree with everyone else. I am
>>also agreeing with the people I have disagreed with early on. I might
>>also, add, even Master Yoda's methods of speaking isn't that confusing.
>>

>Who will be using the service:
>
>- NDSoftware (my company)
>
>- many projects (here a list of main projects):
>
>* IPv6-FR
>A non profit organisation for the developement of IPv6 in France
>IPv6-FR run a tunnel broker and have currently 200 users, each user have
>a /48
>=> NDSoftware provide to IPv6-FR: 1 /35 and a native IPv6 connectivity.
>
>* NextGenCollective
>IPv6 research
>http://www.nextgencollective.net/
>NGC[NextGen Collective] provides IPv6-over-IPv4 tunnels to people all
>over the world.
>ASpath-tree: http://www.nextgencollective.net/bgp4/ (AS65526 is my old
>private ASN)
>=> NDSoftware provide to NextGenCollective: 2 /44, 1 /40, 1 /36 and a
>tunnel IPv6 over IPv4 with BGP (full transit).
>
>* IPng.org.uk
>IPv6 tunnel broker
>http://www.ipng.org.uk/
>ASpath-tree: http://www.ipng.org.uk/bgp/bgp-page-complete.html (AS65526
>is my old private ASN)
>=> NDSoftware provide to IPng.org.uk: 1 /44, 1 /40 and a tunnel IPv6
>over IPv4 with BGP (full transit).
>
>* ILS
>Italian Linux Society
>ILS provide IPv6 connectivity to italian user groups and organizations
>experimenting with IPv6.
>ILS host the IPv6 IRC server calvino.freenode.net
>=> NDSoftware provide to ILS: 1 /44 and a tunnel IPv6 over IPv4 with BGP
>(full transit).
>
>* ATI
>A tunisian ISP
>http://www.ipv6net.tn/
>http://www.ipv6net.tn/ipv6-Tunisia.pdf
>=> NDSoftware provide to ATI: 1 /44 and a tunnel IPv6 over IPv4 with BGP
>(full transit). NDSoftware have help ATI for the IPv6 deployement in
>tunisia. ATI plan later to request a pTLA.
>
>* FABIONNE
>A projet for do IPv6 Debian package
>http://debian-ipv6.fabionne.net/
>=> NDSoftware provide to FABIONNE:  a tunnel IPv6 over IPv4 with BGP
>(full transit) and host a mirror for this projet
>(http://debian-ipv6.mirrors.ndsoftwarenet.com/).
>
>ESMT
>An university in Senegal
>=> NDSoftware provide to ESMT: 1 /44 and a tunnel IPv6 over IPv4.

--------------090105000307020306000203

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Dear list members, <br>
First of all, on behalf of the Tunisian Internet Agency (ATI) team, I  would
like to thank all 6bone mailing list members for their generous  help and
support to foster  experimentation and deployment of IPv6 by all the Internet
community. <br>
We also would like to take this opportunity to react to the recent  E-mail
from Mr. Nicolas Defayett since ATI was mentioned as one of&nbsp; its  tunnel
customers. <br>
In fact, Mr Defayett helped us in establishing our first tunnel with  6Bone
but we faced some trouble with IPv6 routing since he is using a  private
ASN.&nbsp; The reason why we established a second tunnel with XS26 as  a transition
phase. <br>
And now we've gone a step forward by sending a Sub-TLA request to RIPE  to
get our&nbsp; IPv6&nbsp; production address block. <br>
We hope that by this we bring some clarifications regarding our  participation
in the 6Bone Network. <br>
Best Regards <br>
Lamia Chaffai<br>
Tunisian Internet Agency<br>
Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:<br>
 cite="mid1035121435.4771.54.camel@wks1.fr.corp.ndsoftware.com">
    <pre wrap="">I have been lurking on this list, for a good number of years now.
Sometimes even posting a comment, or a gripe. This is more along the
lines of both. I have been monitoring the traffic discussing
NDSOFTWARE's request. Both finding the original message to Bob Fink, and
the list, and everything. Sorry Mr. Deffayet, I disagree. For one, you
do need to spell out who will be using the service. Is it for your
company? Yourself? What? Who, even? Unless you can spell out neatly the
answers to my questions, I am inclined to agree with everyone else. I am
also agreeing with the people I have disagreed with early on. I might
also, add, even Master Yoda's methods of speaking isn't that confusing.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Who will be using the service:

- NDSoftware (my company)

- many projects (here a list of main projects):

* IPv6-FR
A non profit organisation for the developement of IPv6 in France
IPv6-FR run a tunnel broker and have currently 200 users, each user have
a /48
=&gt; NDSoftware provide to IPv6-FR: 1 /35 and a native IPv6 connectivity.

* NextGenCollective
IPv6 research
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.nextgencollective.net/">http://www.nextgencollective.net/</a>
NGC[NextGen Collective] provides IPv6-over-IPv4 tunnels to people all
over the world.
ASpath-tree: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.nextgencollective.net/bgp4/">http://www.nextgencollective.net/bgp4/</a> (AS65526 is my old
private ASN)
=&gt; NDSoftware provide to NextGenCollective: 2 /44, 1 /40, 1 /36 and a
tunnel IPv6 over IPv4 with BGP (full transit).

* IPng.org.uk
IPv6 tunnel broker
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.ipng.org.uk/">http://www.ipng.org.uk/</a>
ASpath-tree: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.ipng.org.uk/bgp/bgp-page-complete.html">http://www.ipng.org.uk/bgp/bgp-page-complete.html</a> (AS65526
is my old private ASN)
=&gt; NDSoftware provide to IPng.org.uk: 1 /44, 1 /40 and a tunnel IPv6
over IPv4 with BGP (full transit).

* ILS
Italian Linux Society
ILS provide IPv6 connectivity to italian user groups and organizations
experimenting with IPv6.
ILS host the IPv6 IRC server calvino.freenode.net
=&gt; NDSoftware provide to ILS: 1 /44 and a tunnel IPv6 over IPv4 with BGP
(full transit).

* ATI
A tunisian ISP
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.ipv6net.tn/">http://www.ipv6net.tn/</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.ipv6net.tn/ipv6-Tunisia.pdf">http://www.ipv6net.tn/ipv6-Tunisia.pdf</a>
=&gt; NDSoftware provide to ATI: 1 /44 and a tunnel IPv6 over IPv4 with BGP
(full transit). NDSoftware have help ATI for the IPv6 deployement in
tunisia. ATI plan later to request a pTLA.

* FABIONNE
A projet for do IPv6 Debian package
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://debian-ipv6.fabionne.net/">http://debian-ipv6.fabionne.net/</a>
=&gt; NDSoftware provide to FABIONNE:  a tunnel IPv6 over IPv4 with BGP
(full transit) and host a mirror for this projet
(<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://debian-ipv6.mirrors.ndsoftwarenet.com/">http://debian-ipv6.mirrors.ndsoftwarenet.com/</a>).

ESMT
An university in Senegal
=&gt; NDSoftware provide to ESMT: 1 /44 and a tunnel IPv6 over IPv4.

Best regards,

Nicolas DEFFAYET