[6bone] recursive DNS servers?

John Klos john@sixgirls.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:50:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

> a question came up recently that I could not answer.
>
> 	how many recursive IPv6 transport aware DNS
> 	servers are there?
>
> I have a couple that are "out there" for folks to use
> but don't know of any others.   Are people running these
> things "in the wild" or are they mostly behind walled-gardens?

I don't suppose that there are that many yet, but NetBSD's installer has a
built-in list of IPv6 name servers because you can do a full install
entirely via IPv6. I suppose that while those servers are certainly
willing to allow connections for people installing NetBSD, you might want
to ask each of the server's administrators if they would allow other uses.

In the meanwhile, SCL's main server acts as a DNS and NTP server for many
networks in New York City and elsewhere, and may be used as a public IPv6
server:

reva.sixgirls.org	3ffe:b80:133c:1::1

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs