[6bone] recursive DNS servers?

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:46:26 -0700 (PDT)

% All of my DNS servers are IPv6-aware/enabled, but only the
% non-recursive authoritative servers are accessible from the
% general public (grendel.gw.com, morgoth.gw.com, pyry.gw.com).

	thanks.

% The registrar I use does not support AAAA records, however,
% and I guess most don't (none?)...

	not in production - yet.
	when I still did .int, we supported AAAA records.

% If I had an open recursive DNS server, shouldn't I be afraid
% to use it myself?

	Not at all. :)

%
% Regards,
% + Kim
%
%
% | From:    Bill Manning <bmanning@ISI.EDU>
% | Date:    Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:17:34 -0700
% |
% |
% | a question came up recently that I could not answer.
% |
% | 	how many recursive IPv6 transport aware DNS
% | 	servers are there?
% |
% | I have a couple that are "out there" for folks to use
% | but don't know of any others.   Are people running these
% | things "in the wild" or are they mostly behind walled-gardens?
% |
% |
% | --
% | "When in doubt, Twirl..."  -anon